The Ram Pages

The Student News Site of Willow Glen High School

The Ram Pages

The Ram Pages

All Seasons Sports Awards

Davian Kennedy and Ryder Ingram during a WGHS varsity boys basketball game (Provided by Cianna Miranda)
Alanna Clincy during a WGHS girl’s varsity softball game (Provided by Cianna Miranda)

Our student-athletes at Willow Glen High School have continued to excel by earning awards, breaking records, and winning championships. League awards are given out at the end of every season, highlighting the athletes that have achieved success. Some students have been consistent with receiving these awards. For example, senior Emma Robbins has won an All-League award every season she has played Varsity field hockey. She won Sophomore of the Year, Junior of the year, and League MVP as a senior. Although the athleticism used to earn these awards may seem effortless, the journey to meeting these goals was not easy. She spends a lot of time outside of high school practice, training. During spring club season she spends at least three hours at training and two hours individually going on daily runs. When asked about how she feels receiving this award she said, “I am very grateful for everyone who recognized me. It shows that the hardwork and dedication paid off.” Many of our other student athletes excelled, specifically this winter, when Davian Kennedy and Ryder Ingram were awarded Co-Junior of the Year. These athletes were recognized this season for their exceptional work on the court. They both have a deep connection to basketball, which has had a great impact on their lives. “We are best friends on and off the court so it felt great to win alongside him,” says Ingram. 

Although spring awards aren’t released until late May, we talked with the student-athletes from ongoing spring sports who have currently been excelling. Alanna Clincy is a sophomore captain of the softball team, as well as the starting pitcher. She was previously awarded Pitcher of the Year and helped carry her team to win the Norcal Regional State Championship for the first time in Willow Glen Softball history. She continues to be on the path to success as she pitched an extraordinary game against Gilroy High School with 18 strikeouts followed by an Athlete of the week nomination from Mercury News, a local news source in San Jose. As a captain, she hopes to lead her team to victory yet again by winning another league title. “The girls and energy on the team really encourage me to want to play and pitch hard.” The perseverance and dedication demonstrated by Willow Glen student-athletes is incredibly inspiring and we can only hope that future athletes will continue to follow in their footsteps and bring success to our school.