The Ram Pages

The Student News Site of Willow Glen High School

The Ram Pages

The Ram Pages

College Decisions and Commitments

Since the first moment we were put into school, most of us have worked hard to graduate from school entirely and go into our next step into our lives. Whether that be college, trade school, or even just going into the world, most seniors have a lack of motivation in school since they already know what to expect after they go on the stage and receive their diploma. All this affects seniors and gives them something known as senioritis.

Senioritis is a term to describe decreased motivation toward students who are nearing the high school, or even end of the year run. Effects of senioritis can result in loss of motivation, procrastination, lack of interest in studies, and much more.

Reviving acceptance letters for college is almost a guarantee that you will get to that school. As upcoming adults, seniors are more concerned about saving money for college or finding internships that will help with future careers and colleges rather than doing one small assignment in English class. 

The lack of motivation can affect seniors emotionally and physically as their academic performance and mental health change over the course of a second year.  Another thing causing senioritis could be the stress most seniors have about their future. Around this time, Seniors need to figure out the rest of their lives and figure things out and whatever works with their schedule and personal situations.

Just know that if you are feeling the effects of senioritis, it is a very common feeling to experience near the end of the school year. But for now, keep working hard to end the year strongly and be proud of how far you all have c