The Ram Pages

The Student News Site of Willow Glen High School

The Ram Pages

The Ram Pages

Loading: Video Game Updates

Creeeeeeeper%21
Creative Commons
Creeeeeeeper!

Minecraft:

Minecraft’s upcoming 1.21 update, unveiled at Minecraft Live, promises an exciting blend of adventure, combat, and crafting. The redstone-powered Crafter block, a copper bulb for illumination, and Trial Chambers with the new enemy, the Breeze, are noteworthy additions. Two mobs, the hostile Breeze and the community-voted armadillo, will join the game. Trial Spawner blocks in procedurally generated Trial Chambers will spawn enemies, offering loot rewards. While biome details are scant, speculation suggests a potential biome addition or rework in this anticipated update.

Fortnite:

Fortnite’s Chapter 4 transition to Unreal Engine 5.1 marked a pivotal moment, addressing community grievances and hinting at three leaked features: wall running, rope swinging + rappelling, and car hijacking. While lacking substantial details, these additions are likely in early development, possibly aligning with Chapter 6. The long-anticipated first-person mode, glimpsed in a glitch, promises a new perspective. Season 1 of Chapter 5 introduced Peter Griffin, hinting at exciting collaborations in 2024.

GTA:

Despite an unprecedented leak in 2022, in which dozens of videos from an alleged in-development build of the game spread online, GTA 6 is confirmed for a 2025 release. Set in the modern-day Vice City of Leonida, the trailer introduces Lucia, the first female lead, and hints at a Bonnie and Clyde-like relationship with an unnamed male character.